January 7, 2005

This ‘blog’ will change your life:

Well I suppose that is going a bit far but – I recently (through certain someones) obtained probably a live ‘saving’ book called, This Book Will Change Your Life by Benrik (Ben Carey and Henrik Delehag). You can visit them on the web @ (http://www.thiswebsitewillchangeyourlife.com). I really do believe that this book will change my life. I got me to start this blog. I am throwing myself out in the world as an innocent – I am exposed and things will never be the same.

I am getting off track – I present to you all my faithful blog following a piece of the pie.

Day 3 of This Book Will Change your Life: TODAY THROW SOMETHING AWAY THAT YOU LIKE.

At first I was hesitant about this day – I didn’t like it. Why would I want to throw away something that I like. I.A. suggested I throw away C but I couldn’t do that – for he will make me rich someday (I kid, I kid). But seriously what could I throw away that I like without missing it so much - for those of you who don't know me I am a natural born pack-rat– it is true ask C.

Ah-ha! I had the answer. My suede skirt. I like it but I only wore it once and it has been in my closet hanging patiently on it’s hanger waiting for the day I would wear it again. But alas I will not wear it again for I have given it away. So technically I didn’t throw it away but it is no longer in my possession and I think that ought to count.

I ask of you – readers of my blog – today throw away something that you like and post your testimonial to this blog. I am very interested to hear your story.

4 comments:

iyaz said...

I think I'll throw out my bookmark to legendofme.blogspot.com

Boston Pam said...

That would make me very sad...

Did you check out the webiste? It is pretty cool...those guys are pure geniuses! How come I didn't think of it...I am bored...

Tony said...

I think it is cool, that you gave the skirt away. And yes, I think it counts technically. As Tyler Durden says in Fight Club: "The things you own end up owning you."

I'm trying to get rid of stuff. Or at least loose something (sell it, give it away) for every item I want to get.

So your story got me thinking. I have an old T-shirt with a print of the Casablanca movie on it. I guess it was the first piece of clothing I picked and bought. I haven't had it on for years. Its too small and shabby now, but I hesitated to toss it out. So I will get rid of it, together with a lot of other clothes I never wear. I will put it into the container for the collection of old cloth that's nearby.

Boston Pam said...

I am glad that I have inspired you...be on the lookout for more life changing posts.