January 10, 2005

An Overreaction?

Yesterday Minnesota Viking Randy Moss was caught with his pants down, or almost. After catching his 2nd TD pas of the game Randy Moss proceeded to pretend mooning the Green Bay Packer fans. I didn’t actually see the play go down – C was flipping back and forth between the game and his X-box. I first heard about this when flipping channels and coming across a sports program with Chris Berman and caught the tail end of the story.

The way Chris Berman and his co-anchor were talking you’d think he shot a fan with a bazooka or something. Come on he’s a Punk and he was celebrating a big game TD the way all punks do – by not thinking and acting crazy. T.O. dances on Dallas Stars and Joe Horn breaks out the cell phone. Who cares – it isn’t like they’re hurting anyone. Click on the link to see the full story with a picture of the act – http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs04/news/story?id=1963404.

It would be one thing if he actually pulled down his pants but – calling it disgraceful? Come on – what’s disgraceful is that hair. I am not defending what he did – I am the first to admit that he’s a punk but is it really that big of a deal that Joe Buck has to go on a tyraid of how he can’t believe they have that on tape and had to witness that horrible act…puh-lease.

I am curious what you think below is my mock poll –

Do you think that the commentators and sports media overreacted to the Randy Moss Moon incident?

(A) Yes – it is not a big deal and the media should get over it.
(B) No – I am disgusted having to witness that horrible incident
(C) What? Randy Moss mooned the Packers fans? I can’t believe I missed it.
(D) I don’t care

Please select the answer that best describes your feelings and post your comments.

2 comments:

iyaz said...

I would select A

End zone celebrations are not things to be emulated. Moss's TD celebration was classless, but still just a part of a big game.

Boston Pam said...

Something else I became aware of as I watched ESPN last night was that it is something the fans at the end of a game they wait for the visiting team's bus to leave and then they all moon the bus...This came from a statement made by Tony Dungy. Maybe it was his way of saying in a language that they would understand...F-U! But of course no on ever talks about that. Huh?

The first 20 minutes of Sports Center last night was deisignated for this 'incident' - do you think that also has something to do with reasons why these players do this?