April 19, 2020

12M ~ April 2020

Day 3: A song that reminds you of summertime! 

The Doc: Today by Smashing Pumpkins
Me: Tonight, Tonight by Smashing Pumpkins
David: Fun, Fun, Fun by the Beach Boys 
Shaun: Girls Just Want to Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper (when I asked him what made him think of this song he said - "when I think of the song I usually picture the beach in the summertime" 😂).
Evan: In Summer from Frozen

I had a lot of fun thinking about classic summer anthems, (like David's Beach Boys choice 😆) but ultimately I'm choosing Tonight, Tonight by the Smashing Pumpkins.  That song always makes me think of the summer when Charlie and I really started to hang out.  It was before our junior year of high school and he would often pick me up from work and I would have a mint patty milk shake for him and we would drive around aimlessly and just talk.  Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness was on constant replay on the car CD player.  Tonight, Tonight was one of the few songs I really liked on that album and has a special place in my heart, so much that it was used on our wedding day when the DJ introduced us at the reception! 

No comments: