April 20, 2020

12M ~ April 2020

Day 4: A song that reminds you of someone!  

The Doc: Ice, Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
Me: Fireflies by Owl City
David: Happy Together by The Turtles
Shaun: Break My Stride by Mathew Wilder
Evan: Waving Through a Window from Dear Evan Hansen

I took creative liberty on the list.  It's my list, I can do what I want!  I crossed off the "you'd rather forget" part.  What has made this fun for me so far is going through music that I love and thinking about the different themes.  Why would I want to think about music that brings up some bad vibes.  So that brings me to my choice for my new theme; Fireflies by Owl City.  There are lots of songs that remind me of people (the most obvious choice being my wedding song reminding me of the Doc and Bubbly by Colbie Caillat reminds me of my sister because for years it was her cellphone ringtone), but I chose this song because this song has such a strong memory for me of my dear friend and I cannot hear this song without thinking of her and all our weird (and sometimes morbid) conversations we have had over the years.  Susan hates this song with every fiber of her being (I apologize in advance for putting it in her head) and I will never forget the day she told me just how much she hated this song.  It's one of my favorite stories and so now every time I hear this song I can't help but smile and have a good laugh to myself.

Homeschooling Day 21: Homeschooling Day 21: Evan sharing his new ukulele skills with his class on Google Meet. He has been fiddling with it for about a week now. He's got notes down, next he wants to learn to strum. 🎶🎵🎶


No comments: