February 4, 2005

It just doesn't get old!

C and I watched game 4 of the ALCS last night (they are showing the series on NECN) and even though we know what happens, it still makes us smile. We just look at each other and smile! We smile when Jeter strikes out and when Dave Roberts steels second base so Billy Mueller can hit him home to tie up the game. Even though we know they will go on to win the game in the 12th inning...I can watch that home run by Big Papi over and over again! Still smiling every time! I wonder why that is? Is it the same for anyone whose team wins the big one? Or is it because I waited 25 years for it to happen (I know it was a lot longer for other people)? Thank God I am too young to remember the pain of 1986.

1 comment:

Brian said...

That game is a game you should just curl up with a nice bowl of hamburger helper and enjoy. Who knows...maybe in a few years Jeter can make some cash endorsing the hamburger helper line of products. He could be the new "hamburgler".